February 10, 2012

The Brü Revü – Schlafly Bière de Garde

On a recent trip to St. Louis I was fortunate enough to have dinner at the Bridge Tap house and try a few beers.   It's a great wine and beer bar with a plethora of brews on draft and in a bottle. I wanted to try something local so my first choice was a Shlafly Biere de Garde.  Shlafly is a local St. Louis brewery with several outstanding beers and a Biere de Garde is a French farmhouse style that is similar to a Belgian Saison.  It was on draft and arrived a deep reddish copper color.  It had a sour fruity aroma that gave way to a sweet maltiness on the first taste.  As it warmed the fruity esters and sweet malts balanced themselves excellently and I easily finished my beer.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Biere de Garde which was a great introduction to Shlafly and a perfect welcome to St. Louis.

Schlafly Bière de Garde


 
Photo of the bar at Bridge Tap House & Wine Bar
99 bottles of beer on the wall....

No comments:

Post a Comment