February 15, 2012

The Brü Revü – New Belgium Trippel

Forget everything I have stated previously about a New Belgium beer or it being my favorite.  Their Trippel is easily my favorite and has been my “go to” beer for many years.  It is always easy to find and very cost effective for such a great beer… and I have a special weakness for Belgian Style Tripels.  It pours a gorgeous golden color with a decent head a plenty of carbonation.  The aroma is sweet and flowery with a hint of the Belgian yeast.  The taste is fantastic and very smooth with the Belgian yeast tones and a sweetness that balance a very smooth mouthfeel.  Sometimes I get a mild bitterness on the ending, but not this time.  It was smooth and well balanced throughout.  Mmmm… I need another one.






No comments:

Post a Comment